I really enjoyed watching this video. Scientist Sugata Mitra is a very inventive person and listening to what he has done for children all around was very interestiing.
1. What do you think? If learners are motivated, can they teach themselves? That video proved that if learners are motivated, they will teach themselves. The children in India were able to teach themselves how to use a computer within a short amount of time.
2. If those motivated learners are kids, can they teach themselves? Of course, if children are motivated, they will teach themselves what they want to know.
3. What conditions are necessary for kids to teach themselves? For anyone to teach him or herself? There has to be some sort of motivation. Kids will work for what they want, they will teach themselves whatever needs to be learned if motivated enough.
4. What role do computers and internet access play in the process? They play a huge role in the process of learning new things. Programs such as google and youtube create ways for students to gain information.
5. What role does motivation, a desire to learn? If there is a desire to learn, motivation follows that.
6. What roles do a problem, a question or multiple problems or questions play in the process? By having problems in the process of learning, only teaches students to use problem solving skills to find out what they are wanting to find out.
7. How do you motivate someone to learn? By giving rewards or getting them excited by what they are going to learn.
8. How are you motivated to learn? Yes, very. I'm always willing to learn new things. It builds character and makes you more intelligent.
9. Can anyone who is not motivated to learn learn? There is always a way to motivate someone to learn, in my opinion.
10. Do you teach yourself? When? Why? Yes, I teach myself through this class for example. We are given a list of things to do and I have to learn how to complete the tasks by myself.
11. What role does a teacher (either answer generally or use a specific example) play in your learning? A teacher is a monitor and a motivator. They the ones who make sure you are motivated to learn and that you are doing a good job.
12. What is the most important idea, question or emotional response you take away with you as a result of watching this video? Technology plays a large part in learning for students around the world. Technology is never going away, it's only getting stronger. We must learn to embrace technology and use it to benefit us.
13. What other questions or issues are raised by this video that should be considered and discussed by aspiring teachers? Teachers should realize that technology is a self-organizing system and that we need to embrace technology in our classrooms.