Thursday, October 28, 2010

Additional Assignment #3



Sir Ken Robinson: Changing Educational Paradigms


There were so many important things in this video in my opinion. From the beginning of this video, I knew that everything that Ken Robinson was saying would be of value to me. The way that they presented the information was interesting and kept my attention. One of the things that I liked about what he said was the discussion about ADHD. He said that he does not believe that it is an epidemic and that children are being medicated for ADHD as much as people get their tonsils out. He brought up a great point though, we are living in one of the most stimulating time periods ever. There is so much information being fed to students and so many new technologies coming out to distract people. He also says that we have also started to give students more meds because of the raise in standardized testing. I couldn't agree with this more. I don't believe in standardized testing by any means. It shows nothing about how a child learns, it's simply a test to state how well a student can spit back information. We need to lower the number of standardized testing in my opinion. If I were to create this with a group of people,I would like to be the designer or the narrator.

No comments:

Post a Comment