Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blog Post #11

Screenshot with Ms. Cassidy


Interview with Ms. Cassidy

I really enjoyed watching both of these videos, especially the Skype Interview with Ms. Cassidy. I love her approach to using so much technology in the classroom. Some say that students in first grade are too young to use something like this or that it wouldn't be a good idea to put the student's pictures online. Ms. Cassidy has a safe way of putting her student's names and pictures online and the students enjoy blogging. She also says that technology is not going away and by not using technology is only handicapping your students and yourself. I believe that this is true. By not using computers and technology, we are only putting ourself behind in the technology society that we live in today. I'm really excited to use blogs, skype, and other programs in my classroom. With the ideas from Ms. Cassidy and the ideas and tools that I've learned in EDM310, it excites me to be able to use technology in my classroom.

2 comments:

  1. Samantha,
    You post shares many of my opinions. I also think it's important to use technology within the classroom. Technology is here to stay and we should prepare the future generations to be very knowledgeable about it. I believe that Ms. Cassidy is preparing her first graders for the kind of world we live in and for the future. I also get very excited when I learn new ways I can use technology in my classroom to give my students a better shot in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its true, we must keep up with technology and use the best tools available at the time. All students deserve the best opportunities we can offer them to learn. The students in Mrs. Cassidy's class are amazing! I think they are so amazing because they are given the opportunity. If more students were able to have access to the tools Mrs. Cassidy is using I think more students would surprise us with their abilities.

    I'm glad to read that you will be using as much technology as possible with your future students. SS

    ReplyDelete